Jay-Z and Beyoncé are the highest-paid celebrity couple, according to Forbes.
Here's why we are asking for our coffee black this morning:
- Jay-Z and Beyoncé are among the top 10 on the Forbes Magazine 2012 Highest-Paid Celebrity Couples list for the second year in a row. Between May 2011 and 2012, the power couple brought home a combined $78 million. Jay and Bey came in second place last year to Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady, but have claimed this year's number one spot. [PunchBowl Blog]
- Nicki Minaj may soon be able to add fashion mogul to her resume. The Young Money MC announced she's working on a clothing line set to launch next year. She said her team is currently shopping for places to go with the brand. "We've had a couple offers from a lot of big players," she said. "I'm really looking forward to it." [Rolling Stone]
- Filmmaker Spike Lee is in talks to bring his hit 1989 drama, Do the Right Thing, to the Broadway stage. Lee wrote, produced, directed and starred in the film about racial tension in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Bedford-Stuyvesant. He's currently working on Broadway, directing Mike Tyson's Undisputed. [EURweb]
- Sybrina Fulton, the mother of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin who was shot and killed in February, has filed an insurance claim against the Retreat at Twin Lakes Homeowners Association. Martin was at the property during the time of his death and Fulton is claiming monetary damages. The insurer is currently seeking further information on their liability in Martin's death. [Orlando Sentinel]
- Debbie Allen is coming back to Grey's Anatomy. The veteran actress is scheduled to direct this season's third episode. Allen is not a stranger to the show; she has directed five episodes and played the role of Jackson Avery's mother, Catherine. [TV Guide]