The American Idol judge will reunite with director Lee Daniels for a new film.
See why we're making a quick run to Starbucks this morning:
- New American Idol judge Mariah Carey is set to join the cast of Lee Daniel's upcoming movie, The Butler. The starlet worked with Daniels once before in Precious. Although there's no word on what character Carey will play, she'll join a star-studded cast including Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Robin Williams, Minka Kelly, John Cusack and Jane Fonda. The second half of the year will surely be busy for Ms. Carey. [Vulture]
- The two people charged with extorting money from music legend Stevie Wonder have pled not guilty. Alpha L. Walker, Wonder's cousin, and his girlfriend, made a film about the singer which portrayed him negatively. The two were arrested after receiving $10K from Wonder's lawyer in a sting. [EURweb]
- Conrad Murray, the man charged with killing Michael Jackson, is extending a warm invitation to Katherine Jackson. The former doctor says Katherine has had a "desire" to talk with him for a quite some time. "Seeing that she is up in age and in questionable health… it would give me great pleasure to sit with her one-on-one and answer any questions she might have," said Murray. [CNN]
- Over the next several months, expect to hear new music from Miguel. The singer announced that ahead of his sophomore album release (October 23rd), he will release three EPs, one every month from now until then. [TGJ]
- Did Rihanna and Chris Brown have dinner together in Monaco? According to the NY Post the former couple did. Sources claim they have been sneaking away time together over the past week. Brown's reps continue to deny they are seeing each other. [NY Post]