Katherine Jackson responds to news of losing custody of her grandchildren.
Take a peek at why we're grabbing instant coffee this morning:
- Yesterday Katherine Jackson lost custody of Michael's three kids. She's now speaking about it and says she's doing "fine" despite reports of her failing health. "I am devastated that while I've been away my grandchildren have been taken away from me," she told ABC News. "There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped. I am here today to let everybody know that I am good and fine." Katherine also addressed rumors regarding the lack of communication with her family during her time in Arizona, saying "I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here." There's no word if she plans to take legal action to regain custody. [People]
- Muhammad Ali has been spotted in London recently. His visit to Britain sparks rumors that he may be participating in Friday's 2012 Olympic opening ceremony. He won his gold medal in the 1960 Summer Olympics in Italy. [EURweb]
- Funeral arrangements have been made for Tameka Raymond's late son, Kile Glover. Service is set to be held on Friday in Atlanta. Kile died last weekend after being taken off life support. He suffered a terrible jet ski accident on July 6 while vacationing with family. [Bossip]
- A medical examiner in El Paso, Texas determined that Sherman Hemsley died of natural causes on Tuesday. Although no further details were released about the 74-year-old's death, the examiner did mention Hemsley had been sick. [EURweb]
- Beyoncé is once again cooking up a surprise for fans. On her personal website, the diva posted "Leave your footprint on August 19, 2012." There's much speculation as to what the surprise may be — another concert, TV special or DVD release? What are you thinking? [TGJ]