Anthony Mackie could take on the role of the Falcon in a new action flick.
See why we're reaching for an extra mug of hot coffee:
- Anthony Mackie is in talks to star in Captain America: The First Avenger. Mackie stands a good chance at landing the role of the Falcon in the superhero film. The Falcon pulls his super powers from a suit that allows him to fly. He can also telepathically talk to birds. If selected, Mackie will become the "mainstream comics" first Black superhero and perhaps its first American one." [Hollywood Reporter]
- Kobe Bryant says his 2003 rape case helped him grow as a person. "I think it challenges who you are as a person. To have to go through something like that not only individually but as a family," he said. [TMZ]
- A woman who used to be close to George Zimmerman has alerted investigators that the shooter and his family were proud racists. The woman also claims that she was molested by Zimmerman for more than 10 years. "It was in front of everybody and I don't know how I didn't say anything," she cried. "I just didn't know any better." [EURweb]
- The boy band Diddy put together, Day 26, is breaking up. "We would like to acknowledge that this journey would have not been made possible without the vision and mastermind of Sean "Diddy" Combs," said the group in a statement. "We simply thank you from the bottom of our hearts…" [TGJ]
- Broadway play A Streetcar Named Desire will receive the Extraordinary Excellence in Diversity on Broadway Award from the Actors' Equity Association. Congratulations to the cast and crew on job well done. [EURweb]