The ESSENCE Music Festival performers will embark on a 20-date tour.
See why we're grinding our own coffee beans this morning:
- Fresh off their ESSENCE Music Festival performances, Mary J. Blige and D'Angelo are joining forces for a summer tour dubbed the "Liberation Tour." The duo is expected to play some 20 dates across America beginning August 18th in Hampton, Virginia, two hours away from D'Angelo's hometown of Richmond. Will you be buying tickets to see the duo? [Hollywood Reporter]
- Performances for the 2012 iHeartRadio Music Festival have been announced. Rihanna, Usher, Mary J. Blige and Lil Wayne among others are on this year's roster. [TGJ]
- The investigation continues into the jet ski accident that let Tameka Foster's 11-year-old son brain dead. It turns out, Jeffrey S. Hubbard, a family friend, was operating the watercraft that day. [Extra TV]
- The nightclub where Drake and Chris Brown got into an altercation is finally reopening. However, this time around the club has adopted a red cup policy. No glassware will be provided to guests. [Hollywood Reporter]
- 50 Cent has apologized for his autism comments via Twitter that left Holly Robinson Peete upset. "I realize my autism comments were insensitive, however it was not my intention to offend anyone and for this I apologize," said the rapper. [YBF]