Usher Raymond's stepson pronounced brain dead after a jet ski accident at Lake Lanier in Atlanta.
Here's what we are talking about over coffee this Monday morning:
- Usher 's stepson, Kyle Glover, has been pronounced brain dead. On Friday, the 11-year-old son of Tameka Foster was struck in the head by a passing jet ski while riding on an inner tube at Lake Lanier in Atlanta. According to TMZ, Tameka Foster has yet to leave the hospital and Usher arrived on Saturday night. There is no word yet on a decision to take him off life support. Kyle is Tameka's son with ex-husband Ryan Glover. [TMZ]
- Destiny's Child will be back in the studio to produce new material this November, according to Mathew Knowles. He said the group has a joint venture with Sony to put out two Destiny's Child catalog records. Although Knowles is the group's former manager, he said he hopes the group will do a reunion tour in the next five years. [That Grape Juice]
- Ray Allen is officially riding the Heat wave. The former Boston Celtics player took a deal with the Miami Heat worth $3.09 million a season. Allen played with the Celtics for five years. [EUR web]
- Rapper Eve says her former record company is to blame for the delay of her fourth album. In 2010 the MC left Interscope Records for the extreme delay. “It was delays on the label side — I’ve switched management, I’ve switched labels, I’ve switched lawyers,” she said. “I feel like the dust has finally settled and the team that I have now is the right team." Eve plans for the album to hit stores in the fall. [Time]
- Paul Feig's new film has some of Hollywood's finest looking for the top role. According to reports, Idris Elba, Chris Rock and Jamie Foxx are all looking to play the lead role in "The Intouchables," a remake of a French film which opened in the US on May 25. [EUR web]