Take a look at Jordin Sparks and the cast of Sparkle party and remember the late Whitney.
Check out why we're having a little coffee cake this morning:
- Weeks after the release of "Celebrate," a track from the Sparkle soundtrack featuring Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston, the official video has surfaced. It features the entire cast of the film celebrating and honoring the late icon in the best way they know how — having a good time! Take a peek at the video below. Sparkle will hit theaters on August 17. [TGJ]
- Mariah Carey is back in the studio. The diva tweeted some exciting news about her upcoming project: "Summer 2012… Been in the lab, mixing up some concoctions for you, hope you like it! Still working in the studio with friends o plenty! I love this new song." Carey's last album, Merry Christmas II You, was released in 2010. [EURweb]
- Nicki Minaj says she's planning a mega arena tour this fall. The rapper told KISS FM, "I can't wait to blow the stage out bigger and better and crazier. I promise you this is gonna be one for the books." The diva is currently on tour overseas. [Urban Daily]
- R. Kelly may be suffering from some sudden health setbacks. The singer has canceled a number of appearances over the last week and beyond including a book signing event, the Jimmy Fallon Show and the Today show. A rep says, "It's unclear how long Kelly may be sidelined." [Bossip]
- Venus Williams unexpectedly lost in the first round of Wimbledon earlier this week. The athlete lost to Russia's Elena Vesnina. Fortunately, Williams' defeat hasn't left her bitter. "There's no way I'm going to give up. I love this sport," she said. "I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. The only thing I can do is be positive." [EURweb]