George Zimmerman's defense teams is working around the clock to get him released.
It's been three weeks since a Florida judge revoked George Zimmerman's bond. Yesterday his defense team filed a motion to once again free the shooter.
The L.A. Times reports that Zimmerman's defense team maintains that he should be freed while he awaits trial. Furthermore, defense attorneys suggest Zimmerman isn't a flight risk and has "followed all the conditions law enforcement has requested."
Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, says his client also accepts complete responsibility for misleading the court about his financial gain, along with his wife Shellie who is now charged with perjury. Presumably, he also accepts responsibility for not alerting the court about a second passport which contributed to his bond being revoked on June 1.
O'Mara is also asking for reasonable bail and similar conditions to his previous release.
A judge will determine if Zimmerman can be released from jail on Friday.
Last week, Zimmerman's defense team posted a reenactment video of the fatal scuffle the day after it occurred. During his reenactment, Zimmerman says Martin approached him as he began searching for his cell phone. "'You got a problem now,'" Zimmerman claims Martin said just before punching him in the face. "I think I stumbled and I fell down. He pushed me down. Somehow he got on top of me," Zimmerman followed up. "That's when I started screaming for help." Not soon afterwards Zimmerman drew his firearm and shot Martin.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for the shooting death of unarmed 17-year-old Martin in February. He pleads not guilty to the charges.
Do you think George Zimmerman deserves to be released from jail, again?