Fresh off her Broadway run, Angela Bassett will star in Olympus Has Fallen.
See what flavored brew we've got bubbling this morning:
- Angela Bassett is fresh off her Broadway run and has already nabbed her next movie. The veteran actress will star in Antoine Fuqua's new film Olympus Has Fallen. Bassett will play a Secret Service director who helps a Secret Service agent prevent Korean terrorists from taking over the White House. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon Jackson are set to honor their later brother, Michael, on their upcoming tour. The brothers will kick off their tour this week at Detroit's Fox Theatre and will also make a stop at the Apollo Theatre at the end of the week. [Vibe]
- Aretha Franklin says she wants to be reality show judge. The ESSENCE Music Festival singer says she'd love to guest judge on American Idol. "I don't understand why singers like myself, Gladys [Knight], Natalie [Cole] and Pattie [LaBelle] can't be a judge," Franklin says. "We never get a call. I don't understand it. I watch those shows from time-to-time. Some of the talent is very good. Some of it is fun. And some of it is really wild." [EURweb]
- Oprah Winfrey is set to interview the three biggest names in basketball. The OWN diva will sit down with the Miami Heat's very own LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Their episode of Oprah's Next Chapter will air next Sunday at 8 p.m. [Madame Noire]
- U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has taken an unexpected leave of absence from Congress. The public official is reportedly being treated for exhaustion. There's no word on when he will return to work. [EURweb]