Broadway fans are rejoicing that Audra McDonald won big at last night's Tony Awards.
Happy Monday! See why we're adding extra Splenda to our brew:
- Congratulations to Audra McDonald! The actress won the Tony Award for lead actress in a musical for her role as Bess in The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess. Although she's no stranger to Tony wins, earning four in the past, this was her first win in a lead category. The play itself won the Tony for Best Musical Revival. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Diddy's famed restaurant Justin's, named after his eldest son, is closing its doors. A rep for the music mogul confirmed the news. Diddy is said to be "pursuing other business ventures in music, fashion, fragrance and spirits." [Vibe]
- The Adele train keeps moving full steam ahead. The British bombshell's second album, 21, has surpassed the 22 million record sales mark. Adele is officially the highest selling artist in the 21st century. [TGJ]
- Will Smith says he's not exactly on board for an I Am Legend sequel. He told BBC News, "Producers are working on it. I'm not actually working on it. If it's great, I'm into it." But when asked if there a good chance he'll take on the project the actor replied, "Probably not... I don't want to be the sequel guy. I figure I've got about six of seven more years where I can run and jump a little bit…" [EURweb]
- Oscar nominated production designer J. Michael Riva has died. He was 63. The designer most recently worked on Jamie Foxx's new film, Django Unchained. He passed away with his family by his side nearly a week after suffering a stroke. [Hollywood Reporter]