Pooch Hall is the latest actor to be ousted from the popular BET series.
TGIF! Check out what flavor Danish pastry we're munching on this morning:
- Earlier this week, Tia Mowry announced she's leaving The Game. Now we're learning that Pooch Hall won't be returning as well. According to a press release from BET, Hall will be exiting the show to pursue other acting opportunities including a role on a new Showtime pilot Ray Donovan. However, the network remains hopeful that both Mowry and Hall will make guest appearances throughout the season. [YBF]
- Kanye West is expected to screen his new short film Cruel Summer on May 23 at the Cannes Film Festival. A press release describes the project as "a fusion of short film and art installation" with an "immersive seven-screen experience." [Punch Bowl]
- El Debarge says he owes his drug recovery to 50 Cent and Babyface. Collectively they took him to Interscope records and convinced him to enter rehab. "You have to get your mind right," says DeBarge. "You have to have the tools that you need to stay in recovery." [EURweb]
- The 2012 Billboard Music Award performers list continues to grow. Alicia Keys has signed up to pay tribute to Stevie Wonder. Keys will sing a duet with Wonder and present him with the 2012 Billboard Icon Award. Watch it live this Sunday, May 20. [TGJ]
- Bobby Brown has released a new song about his life with the late Whitney Houston. Entitled "Don't Let Me Die," Brown sings of making mistakes and says he's "stuck living in the past." Watch his performance below from the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.