The rapper was hospitalized with a stomach bug. Fortunately, it looks like he'll recover.
See why we're having a glazed donut with our brew:
- 50 Cent is the latest celebrity to be hospitalized. The rapper tweeted some sad photos of himself laid up in a hospital bed. According to reports, the rapper is battling a stomach virus of sorts that requires surgery. Luckily it appears his condition isn't life threatening. Get well soon, 50. [YBF]
- NFL star Michael Vick has set a wedding date and location. Vick will marry longtime fiancée Kijafa Frink at the Fountainbleau in Miami Beach on June 30. Over 300 guests were invited and several of his celeb friends including LeBron James and Dwyane Wade will be in attendance. [NY Post]
- Janet Jackson celebrated her 46th birthday yesterday and is looking better than ever. The diva told People she doesn't weigh herself, in fact, she stays away from scales. "I don't think [stepping on the scale] is healthy. You're setting yourself up to fail and women's bodies fluctuate every month," she says. [People]
- Pastor Marvin Winans was carjacked and robbed at a Detroit gas station on Wednesday. Winans says about four or five men attacked him while he pumped gas and stole an unknown amount of money. Although Winans was not seriously injured, he plans to seek medical attention."I'm just saddened that it has come to this," he said "That kind of nonsense just has to stop. It's just the savageness of what's happening in the street." [Huffington Post]
- Oh the power of the president! President Obama has moved the MTV Video Music Awards up one hour from its original time slot of 9-11 p.m. on September 6. It just so happens its the same day at the Democratic National Convention and Obama wants America's attention to be on his acceptance speech at 10 p.m. [Perez Hilton]
- BET's 106 and Park host, Rocsi Diaz, is set to leave the show that made her famous. Diaz says she's leaving BET to pursue acting in Hollywood. [NY Post]