Yesterday, the 2012 Billboard nominations were announced and Adele leads the pack.
TGIF! Here's why we're having a hunk of coffee cake:
- Adele is the reigning queen of music these days. The British singer earned 18 Billboard Music Award nominations. She's competing in the Top Artist, Top Female Artist, Top 200 Artist categories and more. Rihanna also earned 13 nominations this year. The 2012 Billboard Awards will take place on May 20 in Las Vegas. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Mariah Carey continues to share her dieting secrets. Last year the mother of twins dropped more than 70lbs in baby weight. She tells Shape, "I realize that 90 percent of losing weight is my diet. Today my workout routine is more about getting and staying toned." [People]
- George Zimmerman may be set free on bail today. A judge will determine if the shooter can go home while he awaits trial. However, the most important concern is will he remain safe? [Grio]
- Usher is heading to Broadway for one day only. The smooth singer will play the lead role of Running Man in the April 28 performances of Fuerza Bruta. [EURweb]
- Lionel Richie's new album Tuskegee is the number one album in the country. The legendary singer sold 129,000 last week, beating out Adele's 21 for the top spot. Nicki Minaj's Roman Reloaded dropped to number three. While Monica's New Life album debuted at number four. [Hollywood Reporter]