The legendary singer has more than a million dollars in unpaid taxes looming over him.
Here's a dash of vanilla for your brew:
- Lionel Richie has Uncle Sam begging for his money. The singer owes $1.1M in unpaid taxes from 2010. Unfortunately, the government has filed a lien against Richie making all of his assets eligible to be seized. With the official tax deadline coming up tomorrow, there will be more celebrity tax stories to come. [TODAY]
- In other tax news, President Obama's 2011 tax return was released. The president earned nearly $790,000 last year, most of which was his salary. The tax return also indicated that he gave away more than $172,000 in donations. [EURweb]
- Michelle Obama received the letter Beyoncé hand wrote thanking her for being such an inspiration. The First Lady took to Twitter to respond, "@Beyonce Thank you for the beautiful letter and for being a role model who kids everywhere look up to. –mo." [Just Jared]
- Facebook is offering its users a chance to watch a brand new Bob Marley documentary entitled Marley. For $6.99 users can watch the special film on April 20. [Madame Noire]
- Jay-Z's Shawn Cater Foundation is looking to send under privileged students to school. The rapper is said to be giving away $1,500-$2,500 in scholarship money to students who meet certain criteria. The deadline to submit your application is May 15. [Clutch Mag]