The May cover star is heading to television this fall with a semi-scripted comedy series.
See why we're grinding our own coffee beans:
- Comedian and Think Like a Man star Kevin Hart is heading to television. BET announced the news last night at their Upfronts bonanza. Titled House Husbands, it's based on a small sketch Hart performed for the 2011 BET Awards featuring several celebrity men tied to famous women. The show will be a semi-scripted comedy. There's no word on who will join Hart. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Gabourey Sidebe says she's not into afros and such, but prefers wigs and weaves. She appeared on Live! With Kelly and said, "I'm very Americanized and I hated the fro," referring to her Senegalese heritage and her Big C character who travels to Africa to find her roots. "I flew back and got home Saturday night, and I was in the [salon] chair Sunday morning. It was about 10 hours before I went back to this." [The Root]
- Loretta Devine says the Waiting to Exhale sequel, Getting to Happy, could be a tribute to the late Whitney Houston. "They're trying to put it together," said Devine. "But now I think the focus is for it to be a tribute to her, which would be wonderful if we could pull that off." [EURweb]
- Interested in hearing about Jill Scott's musical journey to the present? The EMF alumna is set to kick of the 16th season of VH1 Storytellers on May 21. "Our audience is hungry for the kind off deeper musical experience and connection to artists that Storytellers brings," said a VH1 executive. [Clutch]
- NeNe Leakes is officially single. The news comes as a surprise as the reality diva's been keeping it a secret. Leakes originally filed for divorce in April 2010. It was finalized on September 29, 2011. Only recently did she let the news out. AJC has confirmed that Leakes will return for the fifth season. [Madame Noire]