"I feel like I can at least now see the summit," she told a crowded room of investors.
TGIF! See why we're adding loads of sugar to our brew:
- Oprah Winfrey remains hopeful that her struggling network, OWN, will achieve major success. Yesterday, Winfrey addressed advertisers at an upfront event and said with the right size of the staff, "I feel like I can at least now see the summit. Nowhere near the summit, but I can see the summit. But still in the climb. And thank you so much for being with us and helping me stay strong as we reach the summit in 2014." In addition OWN co-president Erik Logan said the channel's viewership was up 25% in the first quarter. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Clive Davis' 80th birthday bash was a hit! Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys, Dionne Warwick and Jennifer Hudson were on hand to celebrate. Also, Whitney Houston's bother and sister-in-law were there to pay tribute to the late singer. [NY Post]
- Bill Clinton is a fan of Dancing with the Stars and says he's rooting for Sherri Shepherd. The former president sent a letter to Shepherd commending her commitment. "Good luck with the competition and all those trips from New York to LA. You've got my vote," it read. [NY Post]
- The Atlanta Police Department has launched an investigation into Tyler Perry's claim of racial profiling. Authorities have "confirmed that two officers recently encountered Mr. Tyler perry during a traffic stop," said the department in a statement. "Mr. Perry's concerns, as recently expressed by him publicly, will be the basis for referral of the matter to the department's Office of Professional Standards." [Hollywood Reporter]
- Janet Jackson wants you to check out her sexy new slim body. The pop diva is showing off her small frame on a new Nutrisystem commercial. "I'm not putting a number on it," she says. "I don't look at the scale. I'm going about it in a different way this time." [TGJ]