The New Edition singer was caught drunk driving in Los Angeles.
See what we've got percolating this morning:
- Bobby Brown was booked on charges of driving under the influence yesterday. Whitney Houston's ex-husband was seen talking on his cell phone while driving, which prompted police to pull him over. Brown allegedly showed signs of intoxication and failed a sobriety test. He was released later that day. [CNN]
- R&B singer Bobby Womack has been diagnosed with colon cancer according to his friend and bassist, Bootsy Collins. Collins wrote on his Facebook, "Docs says [Bobby Womack] is in 1st stage of colon cancer, he is very up beat about his future, we laughed and joked before we hung up. Thanks funkateers, we will get back on the one!" [EURweb]
- Tami Roman is being sued for $75K for not upholding her end of an agreement with Crème De La Crème Hair company. Roman allegedly agreed to have their brand featured in a segment of Basketball Wives, but it never took place. [Madame Noire]
- Vh1 has renewed T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle for a second season. The show averages about 3.5M viewers each week. The second season is slated to begin airing this fall. [EURweb]
- Gina Prince-Bythewood, the director for the Secret Life of Bees, is in negotiations to direct the film adaptation to the best-selling book, Before I Fall. It's about a girl who experiences several versions of the hours leading up to her untimely death in a car crash. [Hollywood Reporter]