"It's difficult to make tough business decisions that affect people's lives," said Oprah.
See why we're adding a dash of milk:
- Oprah Winfrey's OWN is going through some changes. Thirty people were laid off yesterday. "It is difficult to make tough business decisions that affect people's lives," said Oprah, "but the economics of a start-up cable network just don't work with the cost structure that was in place." The news comes shortly after the network announced that Rosie O'Donnell's five-month-old talk show was getting canceled. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz's New York Penthouse is on the market. The luxurious home has five bedrooms, four bathrooms and four powder rooms. The musical family is asking $17.95M. [Bossip]
- Will Smith is heading to television! The Philly native is set to produce a new comedy pilot starring Romeo Santos. The show follows a young man from Washington Heights, New York "who tries to please his very traditional, immigrant father while also creating a life that reflects his new vision of the American Dream." [Perez Hilton]
- In other movie news, President Obama promises to make an appearance in the upcoming Entourage movie. Adrian Grenier confirmed the news on his Facebook page and said, "I promised to make the Entourage movie if he would do a cameo. He agreed. Seriously." [E Online]
- Nicki Minaj continues to earn the mega bucks. The rapping barbie just landed a seven-figure Pepsi deal. She's set to have a commercial and will become the new face of Pepsi's new natural soda, "Pop." [Hollywood Reporter]