The Oscar nominated actress could portray Congresswoman Barbara Jordan in a biopic.
See why we're grinding our own coffee beans:
- Viola Davis could be starring in Hollywood's next big biopic. The Academy Award nominated actress is in talks to portray Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. The politician is the first African-American woman elected to Texas senate and the first southern African-American woman elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. [Slash Films]
- Two members of the former pop group Danity Kane have ended their feud. Dawn Richard and Aubrey O'Day have reconciled four years after Diddy disbanded the group. [TGJ]
- EMF performers SWV are going on tour. The trio will embark on a nationwide tour with K-Ci & JoJo, Guy and Keith Sweat. Beginning March 24, you can catch them in a city near you. [EURweb]
- Eddie Murphy's latest movie, A Thousand Words, opened this weekend with less than stellar numbers. The comedy earned $6.3M in ticket sales -- the film cost $40M to make. [Radar Online]
- Usher isn't giving his ex-wife, Tameka Raymond, $50K to pay her legal fees in an ongoing custody battle against him. Usher claims her actions "directly harm the best interests of the minor children." [TMZ]