Idris Elba will play Nelson Mandela in a biopic based on the book, Long Walk to Freedom.
Here's what we're chatting about on our coffee break today:
- Idris Elba is officially confirmed to play Nelson Mandela in a biopic. It's just one of two films slated to focus on the former South African leader. Elba's film will be based on the book, Long Walk to Freedom, and will begin shooting later this year. [Clutch Magazine]
- Bobby Brown could be shopping a tell-all book on Whitney Houston. Brown failed to sell the book in 2008. In light of Houston's death, publishers may be taking a second look. [Radar Online]
- Adele won big at last night's BRIT Awards. The songbird took home the award for Best Album. Unfortunately, she flipped off the audience at the same time. "I flung the middle finger. That was for the suits at the BRIT Awards, not my fans," she said. [People]
- Jay-Z and Kanye West are taking their Watch the Throne Tour to Europe. On May 20 the duo will kick off a 12-date mini-tour stopping in several cities including Paris. [YBF]
- Kid star Rachel Crow has signed a record deal with Sony/Columbia Records. She's the latest X Factor contestant to land a deal. There's no word on when her debut album will be completed. [Black Celeb Kids]