The stars are set to appear at Whitney Houston's funeral this Saturday.
See what has us pouring loads of sugar into our morning brew:
- Yesterday, Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder confirmed they would be participating in Whitney Houston's funeral this Saturday. ESSENCE has learned that Alicia Keys, Tyler Perry, Donnie McClurkin, Kim Burrell, Rickey Minor, Dionne Warwick and CeCe Winans have all signed up to honor Houston. Kevin Costner is slated to speak and Marvin Winans will deliver the eulogy.
- TMZ has uncovered the reason behind Whitney Houston's last doctor visit. The songstress sought medical attention for a sore throat -- which she developed while recording the title track for Sparkle. During that same visit she had her teeth whitened and cleaned. Houston was set to film a commercial for her sister-in-law's candle line. [TMZ]
- Last night, Bobby Brown surprised fans and hit the stage with his New Edition bandmates in Maryland. He wasn't scheduled to return until Saturday evening, after Whitney Houston's funeral. [YBF]
- Nicki Minaj and Mary J. Blige are set to perform at this year's NBA All-Star Game. Other acts include Ne-Yo and Will.i.Am. The event will take place in Orlando, Florida on February 26 at 7 p.m. EST. [Bossip]
- Are Rihanna and Chris Brown reuniting on a new song? Rumor has it that the former couple will collaborate on Rihanna's new song "Cake." The song's producer confirmed to MTV that it will feature a male and promises it would "shock the world." [YBF]