Will Don Cornelius' death revitalize efforts for a 'Soul Train' movie?
TGIF! Have a look at what we've got brewing:
- There's talk that Don Cornelius' death has revitalized efforts to create a Soul Train movie. For more than 10 years, Cornelius tried to get the film off the ground but failed several times. Soul Train Holdings and MadVision Entertainment could be working together to get the film started. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Ne-Yo and girlfriend, Monyetta Shaw, have decided to adopt 48 children from Swaziland. Instead of taking home all 48, the couple will pay their living expenses for a year -- totaling $17,280. [TMZ]
- Alicia Keys' play, Stick Fly, is set to close. February 26 will be the last official show date after 24 previews and 92 regular performances. [Pop Watch]
- Oprah will host a special 2-hour Oscar event on OWN featuring Oscar nominees and more. Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and more are scheduled to appear. [EURweb]
- Adele is speaking out against claims she's fat. In fact, she proud of her curves. "I've never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines," she says. "I represent the majority of women and I've proud of that." [NY Post]