Want to be in ESSENCE magazine? Share your career stories with us!
Have you been laid off recently? Do you want to revamp your career? If so, we want to hear all about it.
If you can answer any of the questions below, send your response(s) to ESSENCE magazine's personal finance and careers editor, Tanisha A. Sykes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your story may appear in an upcoming issue of ESSENCE.
- Do you need a Career Makeover?
- Have you been laid off, fired or unemployed within the past year?
- Are you looking for a career, finance and lifestyle makeover?
- Are you just starting your career and desperately seeking career advice?
- Are you looking to switch careers, but don't know how?
- Are you an industry vet who was downsized, and can't figure out whether you should start a business or get back into the job market?
ESSENCE also wants to hear your career success stories.
Tell us your tips on:
- How you got hired!
- How you got a raise!
- How you got a promotion!
- How you got noticed by higher ups!
- How you got a flexible work schedule!
- How you kept your job through downsizing!
- How you turned a difficult job situation around!
- How you got past race at work!
- How you spoke up for yourself at work!
- How you became a playa at work!
Deadline is Tuesday, January 17, 2012.