Makeup artist Pat McGrath spills trade secrets.
It's a source of pride for us that Vogue's "most influential makeup artist in the world" is a beyond-fab Black British diva, Pat McGrath.
Now, this British powerwoman isn't just a makeup artist, she's the driving force behind the most forward-thinking, trendsetting beauty looks seen on runways and in the top fashion mags. All that, and she's the Global Creative Director for CoverGirl and Max Faxtor, too!
Here, we caught up with the jet-setting genius, who let us in on her six tips for looking gorgeous this winter:
1. Bold metallic lips are a great way to add some glamour to your holiday look. New CoverGirl Blast FlipStick in Flashy is a gorgeous violet color that looks amazing on everyone.
2. Add a little CoverGirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer to warm up the skin and highlight your bold lip.
3. Flirty lashes compliment any winter look. One of my new favorites is CoverGirl Queen Collection Lash Fanatic mascara that has a fantastic volumizing and separating formula.
4. Moisturizer is so important during the dry winter months. Olay Regenerist Deep Hydrating Regenerating Cream keeps skin looking hydrated and fresh.
5. CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm is perfect for preventing chapped lips and keeping them moisturized and conditioned.
6. I am obsessed with the new jewel tone shades of CoverGirl Queen Collection Vivid Impact Eyeliner. The colors are so rich and would add a needed touch of glamour for any holiday event.