New details are emerging in the death of Heavy D.
Check out why we're drinking black coffee this morning:
- The Assistant Chief from the L.A. Coroner's office said Heavy D visited the doctor the day before his passing. "He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms," said the assistant. In the months and days leading to Heavy D's death, the rapper participated in a very rigorous workout regimen. Reports say he weighed 344 pounds at the time of his death. According to TMZ, he was exercising six to seven days a week by running. The fitness center he frequented has erected a small memorial in his honor. [TMZ] [Daily News]
- Actress Nia Long and boyfriend Ime Udoka welcomed a baby boy on Monday! Kez Sunday Udoka is the first child for the couple. Long has a son from a previous relationship. [Hufffington Post]
- VH1 is announcing they're ready to debut T.I. and Tiny's new reality show! It's set to air December 5th at 9 p.m. Will you be watching? [Vibe]
- The bed that Michael Jackson died on is going up for auction, along with other contents from the Holmby Hills home he was renting at the time. It's going to be part of Julien's Auctions event on December 17th. [TMZ]
- Mariah Carey says she refused to look at the scale during her routine checkups while pregnant. "I didn't want to know, because why would I want to feel that bad? I know it was a number that I never want to see again." [People]
- Morgan Freeman will receive this year's highest Golden Globe honor. He will be given the Cecil B. DeMille award for his amazing acting career... which began in 1964. [Clutch Magazine]