Mel B's daughter has an incident with her father.
See why we're taking two lumps of sugar this morning:
- Mel B has her hands full with her ex-husband, Jimmy Gulzar. The two share custody of their 12-year-old daughter, Phoenix -- who was held hostage after her father refused to let her leave his home. Police were called and a standoff lasted several hours. Upon Phoenix's release, she was taken to the police station where she filed a battery report against her father for grabbing her arm. No word if he was arrested. [Radar Online]
- Idris Elba is getting into producing films these days. As a matter of fact, his next film, "Swift," will be his first. Not only will he produce it, he will star alongside Charlize Theron. [EURweb]
- There is a new African-American network coming to television. "Soul of the South Network" is expected to make its debut in major southern cities such at Atlanta, Memphis, Philadelphia and more by early next year. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Terrell Owens is asking a California judge to reduce his child support payments. According to TMZ, he feels his payments need to reflect his current income, which is dramatically lower than in past years. He's not on any NFL team. [Bossip]
- The NBA may have a half of a season at best. NBA commissioner David Stern has canceled games through November 30th. Ouch! Negotiations are still ongoing. [Grio]
- The 27th annual Stellar Award nominations have been released. Vashawn Mitchell earned an incredible 10 nominations while Mary Mary and Kirk Franklin earned six nominations each. [EURweb]