Ashanti prepares to release a new album in the coming months.
TGIF! Check out what we're chatting about over coffee:
- Ashanti is preparing to return to music in a big way! The "Good Good" singer announced on "Today" that she's going to be releasing a new album! The untitled project will be her first in four years. She made mention of her first single, which is called "No Good." Welcome back, Ashanti! [YBF]
- Big plans are in the works for Michael Jackson's tribute concert this coming October! La Toya Jackson will take the stage in a special performance! [TGJ]
- With the Dr. Conrad Murray trial well underway, attorneys are already predicting there will be a hung jury. Mark Geragos said, "I think right now it's still early, but it looks to me like it's a hung jury, the demographics and ethnicity of the jury look to be like it's a hung." [Radar Online]
- Upon T.I.'s release from an Atlanta halfway house, his family gathered for an amazing welcome back bash complete with all the southern fixings, including mac 'n cheese, fish, ribs and collard greens. [TMZ]
- Ne-Yo is having a boy! The superstar revealed yesterday that he and girlfriend Monyetta Shaw are expecting boy. The couple already has a daughter named Madilyn Grace Smith, who'll be 1 this November. [Black Celeb Kids]
- Fortune's list of 50 most powerful women was posted and Oprah has fallen a whopping 10 spots to number 16. Do you think her exit from daytime TV has anything to do with the drop? Hopefully, she'll soon rise back to the top. [Perez Hilton]