The audio of Nicki Minaj pleading for help during a Dallas hotel attack is released, and Amy Winehouse's final recording to be released.
The weekend is here and we're OMG-ing at this news today!
- The 911 call placed by Nicki Minaj has surfaced. Although the rapper formerly denied that she was assaulted by her assistant/boyfriend Safaree Samuels, Nicki clearly yells "What did you hit me for?!" in the clip and also tells the hotel employee who made the call, “Look at my face! Look what he did to my face!” Have a listen below. [TMZ]
- Speaking of Nicki Minaj, the rapper will appear as a guest judge on the next season of "America's Next Top Model." Mega hottie Tyson Beckford will also join the lineup of guest judges to help Tyra Banks critique contestants. [Us Weekly]
- A final recording made by late singer Amy Winehouse is set to be released on September 20. Winehouse recorded the track, called "Body and Soul," as a duet with Tony Bennett. It will be released on the album "Duets II," which also features collaborations with Mariah Carey and Queen Latifah. All proceeds from the album will go to the the late singer's foundation. [Mirror]
- A video shoot for Beyonce's new single, "Party," was interrupted when a trespasser threw an egg at a police officer on the set. The 23-year-old man also screamed, "I can be a better dancer!" before police arrested him. Folks are just too crazy these days! [TMZ]
- New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is coughing up $30 million dollars of his personal fortune to help Black and Latino boys through The Young Men's Initiative. In a statement, the Mayor's office called it the nation's "boldest and most comprehensive effort to tackle the broad disparities slowing the advancement of Black and Latino young men." An overall $127 million will be spent on the program, which will include job placement training and fatherhood classes. [Yahoo]
- Did you see the teaser for next week's episode of "Basketball Wives" when Eric Williams threw a glass of water in ex-wife Jennifer Williams' face? In a strange series of tweets, Eric claims that he was "casting out demons" from Jen. Whaaat? We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the final show on Monday... [The YBF]