Matthew maintains that he did not steal from Beyonce, and Monica clarifies why Lil' Kim was removed from her new single.
It's Friday and we're having a hot caramel latte as we read the headlines of the day.
- Matthew Knowles is speaking out against the claims that he stole money from his superstar daughter, Beyonce. "We absolutely have not taken any money from Beyonce, and all dollars will be accounted for," Matthew said. Papa Knowles also said he has nothing but love for Bey, although they have not spoken since she fired him back in March. [Rap-Up]
- Newlywed Monica took to her Twitter page to clarify why Lil' Kim was removed from her latest single, "Anything (To Find You)." Kim's verse was reportedly taken out due to contractual issues. "The clearance was revoked & I'm fighting to get it reinstated by the Biggie Estate," Monica tweeted. Apparently, Biggie's mom, Voletta Wallace, has the final say-so for the verse. [Baller Status]
- It's official. Rihanna is the new Queen of Facebook. The singer has amassed the most Facebook fans on the social networking site, with 40,523,918 followers. She surpassed Lady Gaga, who previously held the record. [Boombox Music]
- Retired NBA star Shaquille O'Neal has found a new gig. He signed a new multi-year deal with Turner Sports to become a full-time analyst on TNT. He will cover regular and playoff season NBA games on TNT, NBA TV and NBA.com. [TMZ]
- Speaking of superstar athletes, boxing champ Shane Mosley has been ordered to give three of his coveted championship belts to his wife as part of his divorce settlement. His ex wife, Jin, is keeping the prized belts for his three children -- who will each receive one when they turn 18. [TMZ]
- Kevin Hart, host of this year's BET Awards, is releasing a feature-length film titled "Laugh at my Pain." The funnyman has compiled footage from his two-day performance in L.A. and his family reunion in Philadelphia. The film will be in select theaters starting in September. Watch the trailer below for a few laughs to get the weekend started off right! [The Urban Daily]