Beyonce's '4' is No.1, Ciara hops on the road for a beachside summer tour and more!
Check out why we're sipping a mocha latte this morning!
- Beyonce's '4' is No. 1! As we predicted, the pop diva's fourth album has sold over 313,000 units to become the top-selling album in the US. The album also took the number one spot in the UK following her sizzling performance at Glastonbury last week. [Billboard]
- Did you peep Usher's hot performance at the ESSENCE Music Festival? Apparently, the singer prepped for his set by doing a whopping 1,000 crunches! “This is Essence. They expect you to bring it,” Usher said. We think he looked great on stage. Those crunches definitely paid off! [Hello Beautiful]
- Another of our favorite celeb hotties, Michael Ealy, has been hard at work this summer. He will star in "Common Law," which has just been picked up by USA Network for an 11-episode run. Michael plays an LAPD cop who investigates some highly mysterious homicide cases. Production for the show starts next month. We can't wait to see Michael do his thing! [Hollywood Reporter]
- Tiger Woods announced that he will miss the British Open next week due to an injured left leg. "I am only going to come back when I’m 100 percent ready. I do not want to risk further injury. That’s different for me, but I’m being smarter this time," Tiger wrote on website. [EURweb]
- Ciara is hopping on the road this month to launch a 10-city concert tour that runs through September. The "Radio Maliboom Boom Station Invasion" Concert Tour kicks off in Miami, with stops in New Jersey, Dallas, and L.A., just to name a few. All performances will be held at poolside or beachside locations. Sounds like some good fun in the sun! [US Magazine]
- ESSENCE Music Festival headliner Mary J. Blige is busy gearing up for the release of her latest album, "My Life II: The Journey Continues." Another track from the album titled "The Living Proof" was released, and we are loving it! Have a listen and tell us what you think in the comments section. [Music Remedy]