Mariah joins 'X Factor', Tia Mowry writing a parenting book and more!
We're back in the office after a wonderful weekend at the ESSENCE Music Festival! Here's what we're reading as we sip our morning brew.
- Mariah Carey will join Simon Cowell as an advisor on the US version of "X Factor." Mariah will assist Simon in choosing his finalists to mentor in the final stages of the competition. Cowell has been rallying since April to get Mariah involved. [Celebrity Wonder]
- Tia Mowry will have another new title: author. The new mom revealed on Twitter that she'll be writing a book on parenting. It's all about her first pregnancy and she will share tips for other moms-to-be. [YBF]
- ESSENCE Music Festival headliner Kanye West and Jay-Z have made their long-awaited album "Watch the Throne" available for pre-sale. Fans can purchase the album on Kanye's official site or on WatchTheThrone.com. There was speculation that the album would be released this week, but an official release date has not been announced. [Hollywood Reporter]
- ESSENCE Music Festival headliner Mary J. Blige was honored by McDonald's 2011 365Black Awards for her commitment to community service. "Through her organization FFAWN, the Foundation for Advancement of Women Now, Mary continues to invest in the future of young women," said Neil Golden, Chief Marketing Officer of McDonald's. [Singersroom]
- There was a scary death hoax via Twitter over the long weekend. Hackers got into Fox News' Twitter account and falsely reported that President Obama had been shot to death in Iowa. Thank goodness those rumors were false! Fox is investigating the hacking. [The Grio]
- "Single Ladies" star Stacey Dash recently spoke out on all the great things she's doing. Stacey is working on a new book "How to Stay Dashing" that will divulge her fashion and fitness secrets. We'd love to read that book, because at 45 years old, Stacey looks amazing! [Necole Bitchie]