Chris shoots out homophobic rant.
Good morning! Sit back, relax, and grab a hot cappuccino as you read over these hot news stories.
- It seems Chris Brown just can't stay out of trouble. The singer was caught on tape yesterday dishing out homophobic slurs. Chris' car was allegedly parked illegally, and he assumed the paps called to have him ticketed. "Y'all n--gas is weak," he blurted at rolling cameras. "Did you all call them to try and film me? Y'all n--gas is gay." Chris issued an apology via his Twitter page, saying, "I have total respect for Gay community and my intention was not to insult anyone in it." [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Jamie Foxx has landed a new role in the upcoming Quentin Tarantino film, "Django Unchained." He's set to play on the part of the malicious slave who befriends a German bounty hunter in order to find his estranged wife. Will Smith and Idris Elba were also contenders for the role. The film is slated to be released Christmas Day, 2012. Congrats, Jamie! [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Speaking of Idris Elba, the chocolate hottie has officially signed on for the lead role in "Pacific Rim," a film by Guillermo del Toro. The sci-fi film takes place in the future and tells the story of barbaric monsters who take over Earth. We can't wait to see Elba use his superpowers in this one! [NBC]
- Another one of our favorite film stars has taken on a new role; Angela Bassett will star alongside Samuel L. Jackson in the Broadway play "The Mountaintop." Halle Berry was originally considered for the part, but could not commit to the role due to her ongoing custody battle. The play tells the story of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination during the Civil Rights era. It debuts in late September. [Perez Hilton]
- Laila Ali is enjoying her second go-round at being the mom of a newborn. She recently talked about her growing family, saying that her 2-year-old son C.J. is loving being a big brother to 11-week-old baby Sydney. “I was concerned that he was going to be jealous, but he’s not. He loves her to death, and he’s been nothing but a good big brother,” said Laila. Awwww, how precious! [People]
- Do you believe we have a sixth sense? Morgan Freeman definitely does. Freeman is a self-proclaimed science aficionado and host of "Through the Wormhole, " a documentary series on the Science Channel, who says that he believes all of us have ESP. "We know that thoughts are energy, they create an energy and they can be directed," said Freeman. [The Huffington Post]
Another controversial conversation took place on "The View" yesterday, this time stemming from the gay marriage debate. Whoopi Goldberg and Elizabeth Hasselbeck went back and forth about football player David Tyree's stance on the topic. "Let us be real now," said Whoopi. "To say that people should not be able to raise children because they feel or act differently to you seems slightly not God-like to me." Take a look at the entire convo below.