See why we're dipping donuts into our morning brew: Yolanda Adams is gearing up to release new music, Mike Tyson was inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame, and Serena Williams opened up about her life threatening illness -- just days before she makes her return to tennis in England...
Serena Williams planning to return to tennis this week has got us chatting along with stories on Mike Tyson getting inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame, Yolanda Adams gearing up for new music and more...
- Tennis superstar Serena Williams returns to tennis this week (Eastbourne's Aegon Tournament in England) after suffering a terrible illness that left her hospitalized. "I'm so excited to be back -- I was on my deathbed, quite literally... They told me I had several blood clots in both lungs. A lot of people die from that," she said. It got to the stage where it felt like I could hardly breathe. Some days I didn't get out of bed at all. I just laid on a couch thinking 'why has this happened to me?' We're proud to see Serena preparing to hit the court again. She's had a tough 2011. [Radar Online]
- Mike Tyson was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame. "Hey guys, I can't even finish this stuff. Thank you," said Tyson. Clearly he's touched by the love in the room... aww. [Eurweb]
- Yolanda Adams is talking about what inspired her new album -- believe it or not, it's a turkey burger! She was in a meeting talking about developing a turkey burger for busy moms when someone asked about the music. She remembered it had been nearly five years since her latest offering. "Becoming" is already in stores. Very interesting read! [Eurweb]
- Pres. Obama says if he were Congressman Anthony Weiner, "I'd resign," he told Ann Curry from Today. "...Obviously what he did was inappropriate. I think he's embarassed himself, he's acknowledged that he's embarassed his wife and his family." Ouch! [TMZ]
- Is Bishop Eddie Long running out of cash? It seems that way. During Sunday's service, a woman walked up to him and handed him a thousand dollars in cash. Some news outlets are saying it was staged to get members to open their wallets. [Sandra Rose]
- Comedian Katt Williams has been arrested, again. Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a hoax. He was arrested for allegedly intimidating a witness after an altercation with some works and three woman on his property. It's a total mess. [Black Voices]
- Alicia Keys put on a hell of a show at Royal Albert Hall in London. It's part of her promotional run for her 10th anniversary of "Songs in a Minor: Collector's Edition." See her powerful rendition of "Songs in a Minor" below.