TGIF! Check out why we're sipping on hazelnut coffee this morning: Jill Scott, an EMF headliner (Got Tickets?), pushes up her album release date, Mariah Carey is officially cleared by Child Services, and Bishop Eddie Long has reached a settlement with his sexual abuse accusers...
Check out why we're sipping on hazelnut coffee this morning:
- It's official: Bishop Eddie Long has reached a settlement with the four men who accused him. "They've resolved a lot of major issues and there's a few fine details that need to be worked out," said Judge Johnny Panos. The four men filed a lawsuit against Long and his church last fall, claiming the pastor coerced them into sexual acts. No word on what the settlement is. [WSBTV]
- Mariah Carey and hubby Nick Cannon are officially off the hook with the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services. The agency claimed "there is no merit to the investigation" related to accusations of alcohol abuse in hospital. [TMZ]
- Oprah's got plenty of time to tweet now that she's off the air. "Staying in pj's all day. Getting hair braided for summer vaca. Reading all ur emails. Watched Gayle K. Show with Stedman. On at 4-6 on OWN," she tweeted. Sounds like a plan. In other Oprah news, her last show earned her highest rating in 17 years. [TMZ]
- Our EMF (Got Tickets?) headliner, Jill Scott, is moving up the release date of her new album, "The Light of the Sun." It's now set to debut on June 21 instead of June 28th. So exciting! [Eurweb]
- Funk legend George Clinton is hospitalized with a staph infection of the leg. Get well soon! [Eurweb]
- Would you pay big bucks to see Nicki Minaj on tour? Your chance may be coming soon. She's said to be headlining her own tour -- get it girl! Word is she'll kick it off at the top of 2012. [That Grape Juice]