TGIF! Take a look at why we're begging a double shot of sugar: Keyshia Cole could be getting married soon, Jay-Z signs a deal with the Cartoon Network, Gayle King will host a final farewell party for Oprah, and Erykah Badu will headline Tupac's 40th birthday celebration in Atlanta...
Take a look at why we're begging a double shot of sugar: :
- June 16th will mark what would have been Tupac's 40th Birthday. To celebrate, his peers, family and friends will come together at Atlanta Symphony Hall. Erykah Badu is scheduled to headline the show with guest appearances by Mike Epps and more. "I am greatly honored to have been invited by Afeni Shakur to celebrate her son's 40th birthday. I do not take this honor for granted," said Badu. [Vibe]
- Gayle King will give best friend Oprah a final farewell party on Thursday, May 26, the day after Oprah's final show taping. "The Gayle King Show: Oprah Finale After Party" will be shown live from 9 a.m to 11 a.m. on OWN and Oprah Radio on SiriusXM Radio. [Eurweb]
- Michelle Obama is looking toward the church for help with her initiative to help military families. The First Lady is asking religious leaders to help increase programs targeting veterans and their families. "The faith community has been a strong bedrock for me as First Lady. So, I would be remiss if I didn't bring this issue to you as well, and ask for your support, your leadership and your guidance," said Obama. [Huffington Post]
- Is Jay-Z going animated on us? It looks that way. He recently announced a development deal with none other than the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. This could be a great new venture for HOV, let's see how it turns out. [Urban Daily]
- La Toya Jackson says that her niece and nephews Paris, Prince Michael and Blanket are enjoying life at their new school. "They have gone to school and they really like it, so I'm very happy for them. It's taught them something totally different about people and life. They're just enjoying themselves," she said. [Extra]
- Could Keyshia Cole and fiance Daniel Gibson be walking down the aisle this weekend? According to Cole's Twitter, that's a strong possibility. The star tweeted, "I'm ready to marry my baby. We all we got #fambam." Then she went on to say, "Where is all my diamonds, I want you got to set up a call tonight. I want to talk to you about something." We'll keep our eyes peeled for photos! [Bossip]