Check out why we're having a little Easter candy with our morning brew: Toni Braxton reveals she's not ready for a divorce just yet, The Black Eyed Peas are opening an academy for students, Nick Cannon gives out his home phone number, plus, Oprah and the Obamas were on TIME magazine's list of 100 Most Influential people...
- At about this time each year TIME releases its list of the 100 Most Influential People. There's no surprise that Oprah, the Obamas and Cory Booker were all listed. These people, according to TIME, "spark dialogue and dissent" and we couldn't agree more. Congrats to this year's people and may they continue to influence the world beyond our dreams. [Time]
- The Black Eyed Peas are giving back to New York City teens. The group is set to open the Peapod Adobe Youth Voices academy for students age 13-19 in New York City. It's slated to open this July. [Black Voices]
- Tyler Perry's "Madea's Big Happy Family" opens today and it's expected to bring in a whopping $30M this weekend in ticket sales. According to Eurweb, all of Perry's films have grossed over a half-billion dollars. Will you be watching the latest installment in the Madea saga? [Eurweb]
- Nick Cannon willingly gave away his home phone number on his live radio show — and it just so happened a happy fan called it and Mariah answered the phone. "My wife is going to kill me over this. Just gave out my home phone number on air and my pregnant wife picked up the line oops" he tweeted. [Eurweb]
- Can you imagine Denzel Washington playing a drunk and angry man? It may be a first for the actor, but he's being courted by a producer to play a drug-addicted pilot who saves the day by rescuing his plane. It would be new for the star... looking forward to see if it works out. [Eurweb]
- Toni Braxton revealed that she isn't quite ready to divorce her husband of 10 years, Keri Lewis. "We told the kids, 'Sometimes mummy and daddy need a little break.' That's probably why I haven't done a straight divorce yet," she said. [Nicole Bitchie]
- Finally, 1992's "Juice" is being remade starring Soulja Boy. He will play Bishop, played by Tupac in the original. He's got big shoes to fill... [Urban Daily]