It's Monday, check out why we're grabbing two cups of coffee this morning: Mariah Carey will play a role on "X-Factor," Kanye West heats up the Coachella stage, Halle Berry is helping victims of domestic violence, and a talk show may be in NeNe Leakes' immediate future...
It's Monday, check out why we're grabbing two cups of coffee this morning:
- Do you think NeNe Leakes will make a good talk show host? Apparently, she thinks she does. According to a source, Leakes is planning to move to Miami and sees this move as a key to her success. She wants to expand her brand into products including clothing, hair and make-up. "And with Oprah's show coming off the air soon, she believes the time is right for a new Black female talk show host too," said a source. What do you think? Does NeNe have the chops to compete with other popular talk show hosts? [Eurweb]
- Weeks ago, we learned that Mariah Carey will not be a judge on the "X-Factor." But Simon Cowell revealed on a radio interview that Carey will indeed play a "role on the live shows," but didn't reveal exactly how. [Perez Hilton]
- Kanye West is the most recent star to take the stage at Coachelle Music and Arts Festival. He performed many of his hits, including the classic "Good Life." Check out his performance. [That Grape Juice]
- "Rio," starring Jamie Foxx and George Lopez, opened this week at number one with $40M. Animated movies seem to be latest craze. What movie did you catch this weekend? [New York Post]
- Morgan State University will receive an impressive $28.5 million grant from NASA! The cash will allow the for the university to conduct research supporting NASA's Earth and Space science projects, according to The Root. [The Root]
- Since Halle Berry will not be doing Broadway anymore, she'll have plenty of time to dedicate to "What a Little Love Can Do." It's a project that renovates apartments in L.A. and essentially turns them into transitional homes for victims of domestic violence. [Jezebel]
- Tyrese visited the Wendy Williams show recently to talk about his new book, "How to Get Out of Your Own Way." He went on to discuss why men cheat — which is a topic in the book. Williams didn't appreciate his point of view. Check out her reaction below.