TGIF! See why we're adding a little Irish Cream to our coffee: Ne-Yo regrets giving "Irreplaceable" to Beyonce, Sony Pictures is planning to make a "Tribe Called Quest" documentary, and Serena Williams is well on her way to making a full recovery and has announced she will return to tennis this summer... Here's what you had to say: Amber commented via Facebook: "I would love to see her play. She's a powerhouse!" Natalie wrote via Facebook: "Her will to win is amazing!"
TGIF! See why we're adding a little Irish Cream to our coffee:
- Serena Williams suffered a pulmonary embolism last week, and this week she told People.com, "I could have died. I thought I had a tumor." Thankfully, Williams is back to living a normal life but taking it easy these days. She announced on Thursday that she will return to tennis on July 7th against the Boston Lobsters! Continue to get better, and we look forward to seeing you on the court, Serena! [People] [Eurweb]
- Diddy ranks number one on Forbes Five list of wealthiest hip-hop artists. YBF says he's probably worth $475 million. Jay-Z, 50 Cent and Dr. Dre all place on the list. [YBF]
- Sony Pictures is gearing up for a "Tribe Called Quest" documentary. It's set to be directed by Michael Rapaport and it will be called "Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest." There's no word on when it will be filming. [Eurweb]
- Ne-Yo said in a recent radio interview that he regrets giving away "Irreplaceable" — Beyonce's mega hit. "I honestly wrote that song for myself," he later added. Also, Ne-Yo is planning to hear the pitter-patter of new feet soon. Partner Monyetta is expecting again. [Industry All Access]
- Both LeBron James and Michael Jordan are being sued for $150 million big ones each. According to Black Voices, a shoe company called LeBron Jordan Incorporated is suing the stars for putting a hold on a deal that could have made their company big bucks. [Black Voices]
- Gabrielle Union is zapping reports that's she's pregnant and says she'll never do a reality show. "I pay my own bills, first off, so I never put myself in a position to have to be a jackass or to have to sell myself down the river for a reality show," she said. She's right. You have your own money and status and you're a working actress in Hollywood! [Urban Daily]
- Are you a fan of Diddy Dirty Money? The trio ripped the stage on "American Idol" last night. Take a look at the performance of their hit "Coming Home."