See how we're easing you into your Tuesday morning with this steamy cup of Coffee Talk: Suge Knight settles his lawsuit with Kanye West. Mary J. Blige sings in Paris for Michael Kors, and Oprah is named America's most admired woman...
See how we're easing you into your Tuesday morning with this steamy cup of Coffee Talk:
- According to a recent Newsweek and Daily Beast poll, Oprah is America's most admired woman with 25% of the vote. Michelle Obama picked up 12% of the vote while Condoleezza Rice earned 10%. This is no surprise. We all know why Oprah ranked number one — she's America's inspiration. She projects the strength and courage we all need. [Black Voices]
- Mary J. Blige reportedly flew to Paris for one night to sing at Michael Kors' 30th anniversary Paris Fashion week party. Jennifer Hudson, Andre Leon Talley and Zoe Saldana were all in attendance. [NY Post]
- Chris Brown opened up in a new interview with Page Six magazine out Thursday. In the interview, he says, "A handful of people stuck by me" and goes on to talk about how he's just now feeling welcomed in the industry again. We're looking forward to reading this interview to get a fresh take on this man's return to music. [NY Post]
- Suge Knight has settled his lawsuit against Kanye West. Knight sued West over medical bills from a 2005 incident in which he was shot in the leg. The AP reports that they reached an agreement outside of court. [Vibe]
- John Legend is encouraging kids to enter into the 2011 Race to the Top Commencement Challenge. The challenge asks students to make a video showing how their school best prepares them for college. The winning school will get President Obama to deliver a commencement address at their graduation. Deadline is March 11th. [The Root]
- Rihanna's "Loud" tour is the hottest ticket overseas. Perez Hilton is reporting that the pop princess is adding an eighth London 02 arena date! [Perez Hilton]
- Soul Train Producer Tony Corneilus and Dwight Howard are teaming up for a new business venture called Akabueze. It's a full-service production company that's planning to develop award shows, movies, TV projects, documentaries, etc. We're looking forward to seeing what this production company can produce. We're in desperate need of good shows.