Check out why we're going for caramel flavored coffee this morning: Queen Latifah has signed on to produce and star in an AOL web series. Jay-Z is concerned about Rihanna's health. The details about Mariah Carey's baby shower are out, and we may also be seeing Mimi on the small screen — word has it that she's in talks to possibly become an "X-Factor" judge... Here's what you had to say: Tasha commented via Facebook: "The best baby shower gift is a diaper bag that doesn't look ike a diaper bag." Sofia wrote via Facebook: "If I was rich I wouldn't have a baby shower."
Check out why we're going for caramel flavored coffee this morning:
- Mariah Carey is due this spring and she's holding a posh Beverly Hills baby shower. According to reports, the shower will be held this Sunday at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Take a look at a few items on her registry: a $2,000 custom-made crib bed-set, a $350 car seat cover, a $1,200 giraffe. Much to our surprise, no platinum rattles. In other Mariah news, she's currently in talks with Simon Cowell to possibly judge the American version of "X-Factor." That could be a great post-baby job. [TooFab] [TGJ]
- Queen Latifah has agreed to produce and star in an AOL web series this spring. The new project will be overseen by Arianna Huffington and will be centered around sports, entertainment and entrepreneurialism. [Eurweb]
- Marsha Ambrosius and Melanie Fiona are going on tour together! These soul-sisters are co-headlining the "BET Music Matters Tour." They'll be stopping in Dallas, Cleveland, Richmond and more. Can't wait to see these ladies live! [Eurweb]
- Prince is getting sued again. Earlier this week he was smacked with a $700K lawsuit and now he's being asked to pay $3 million for neglecting to pay a settlement from a previous lawsuit. He canceled an '08 concert in Dublin, forcing promoters to refund 55,000 tickets. Yikes! [Urban Daily]
- Jay-Z says he's worried about Rihanna's health. According to Look magazine, the rapper thinks she needs to take time to handle her deteriorating health. She's been battling bronchitis and hasn't fully recovered yet. Jay says he's also concerned that she may get back in contact with Chris Brown now that their restraining order has been vacated. [Pop Eater]
- Aretha Franklin does not want Queen Latifah to play her in a biopic, and she made that very clear during an appearance on the "Wendy Williams Show." The Queen of Soul doesn't give a clear reason why but maintains that Halle Berry is still her first choice. [Perez Hilton]
- Jill Scott fans have plenty to celebrate this morning. She signed a distribution deal with Warner Bros. Records. So that means her 4th album "The Light of the Sun" will be released later this year! This is exciting news. Let's hope it lands in our hands before the 2011 ESSENCE Music Festival.