Find out why we're dumping the sugar in our morning brew: Diddy Dirty Money is going on tour, Tyrese wants to play Teddy Pendergrass in a biopic, and Serena Williams underwent emergency surgery for a blood clot found in her lungs...
Find out why we're dumping the sugar in our morning brew:
- Tennis star Serena Williams is hospitalized with a pulmonary embolism. Williams has been seen in and out of Cedar-Sinai Medical Center several times over the past week. In a statement to People, it was confirmed that she was undergoing treatment "for a hematoma she suffered as a result of treatment for a more critical situation." The statement goes on to say that "Serena suffered from a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs) which was discovered upon her return to L.A." Get well soon, Serena! [People]
- Tyrese has expressed an interest in playing Teddy Pendergrass in a biopic. Even more, he wants "Precious" director Lee Daniels to direct it. We think Tyrese would be a great fit — he has the voice and attitude, but could he grow a beard? And what's with the recent biopic craze? [BV]
- LaLa Vazquez was recently spotted checking out apartments on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Page Six is reporting that she checked out a 3-bedroom, 3-bath home that rents for a whopping $10,800 a month. At that price, she might as well be looking to buy, no? [NY Post]
- Diddy Dirty Money released "Last Train to Paris" in late 2010, which was well-received by critics and fans. Now the trio is embarking on a nationwide tour starting April 13th. Some of the cities on their stop include Chicago, Jacksonville, Houston and St. Louis among the regular hot spots. [Vibe]
- Oprah's network hasn't been doing so hot. According to Black Voices, her network has 135,000 people watching at any moment — those ratings are down a bit from Discovery Health's rating from last year. Are you still watching OWN? [BV]
- In case you fell in love with Willow Smith's new single, "21st Century Girl," you can check out her first performance of the song on "Oprah." She co-hosted the show with O, and from what we see, she did a great job. Take a look at Willow storming the stage. [TGJ]
- We're anxious to catch Wendy Williams' interview with Aretha Frankin. It's set to air on today's episode, but we've got a preview of their heart-to-heart. Check it out below.