TGIF! Check out why we're begging for an iced coffee today: Jennifer Hudson will premiere her "Where You At" video on February 24th, Michael Jackson's estate has made some serious cash since his death, and Rihanna has asked Cee-Lo to be her opening act on her "Loud" tour... Here's what you had to say: MsChris commented via Facebook: "After [seeing] Rihanna's last video, [I think] it's going toing be X rated an very memorable." Melissa wrote via Facebook: "I hope they come to the Hampton Roads area."
TGIF! Check out why we're begging for an iced coffee today:
- Just weeks after announcing her "Loud" tour dates, Rihanna has asked Cee-Lo Green to join the show as her opening act! "I'm a huge fan of Cee-Lo since his days with Goodie Mob and with Gnarls Barkely. He's a musical genius, continually reinventing himself and I'm thrilled to have him join me on tour," said Riri. Cee-Lo can only add to the "Loud" theme — we love it! [Bossip]
- Jennifer Hudson will premiere her newest video "Where You At," on February 24th on 106 & Park and Vevo. Don't forget, "I Remember Me" goes on sale March 22nd!
- TMZ is reporting that Michael Jackson's estate has banked an incredible $310 million since his death. His estate is already making great gains to pay the $400-million debt MJ accumulated. [TMZ]
- If you loved Larry Bird and Magic Johnson's competition in the late '80s and '90s, here's your chance to relive the action. The two basketball legends will be the subject of an upcoming Broadway play called "Magic/Bird." This should be an exciting production. [BV]
- Kanye West was spotted at Alexander Wang's Soho boutique opening where he mingled with Zoe Kravitz and Karen Elson and enjoyed a performance by Lauryn Hill. Yeezy has definitely become a New York Fashion Week staple. [People]
- Just a few months after Wyclef Jean's presidential bid ended in disappointment, he's backing popular Carnival singer Michael "Sweet Micky" Martelly's run for president. "My endorsement is not based on the fact he's just my friend. That would have been an emotional thing," said Jean. [Eurweb]
- This Saturday, February 19th, be sure to take in a star-studded tribute to Pastor Shirley Caesar on GMC at 7pm. Hosted by Donnie McClurkin and Kim Burrell, the tribute will include performances by the likes of The Clark Sisters, Marvin Sapp and Ledisi. Check your local listings.
- This month we remember Civil Rights leaders like Thurgood Marshall. Laurence Fishburne has filmed an HBO film called "Thurgood" that will air on February 24th. Check out the awesome trailer below.