Take a look at why we're grinding our own coffee beans this morning: Michelle Obama says she doesn't allow Malia and Sasha to have Facebook accounts, NeNe Leakes paid a visit to the "Wendy Williams Show," and Tyler Perry's "Madea's Big Happy Family" trailer has been released. Check out more Coffee Talk and the hilarious Madea clip... Here's what you had to say: Anita commented via Facebook: "'Diary of a Mad Black Woman' is still my favorite movie." Mekie wrote via Facebook:"'Madea's Family Reunion' is my favorite!"
Take a look at why we're grinding our own coffee beans this morning:
- For weeks we've seen numerous comedic posters for Tyler Perry's "Madea's Big Happy Family," and last night the trailer was released for the long-awaited film. It shows Madea doing what she does best — causing havoc and bringing people together. Check out the trailer below and let us know if you'll be in theaters on April 22!
- With the NBA All-Star game just over a week away, more performers have been announced. Lenny Kravitz and Rihanna are scheduled to take the stage during the event. In other Rihanna news, she's just announced a few dates for her upcoming "Loud" tour. She's scheduled to make stops in Baltimore, L.A., Philly and more. [TGJ]
- NeNe Leakes visited the "Wendy WIlliams Show" yesterday and talked about her work on "Celebrity Apprentice." Her appearance did nothing but add fuel to the fire between her and Star Jones. "I wouldn't spit on Star if she was on fire," said Leakes. Ouch! [Eurweb]
- Yesterday we reported that Fantasia has been cast to play Mahalia Jackson in an upcoming biopic. Today she's claiming she's not pregnant but needed to gain weight for the role. She's been asked to put on 30 to 45 pounds. That's going to be fun to do, but miserable to burn off! [Radar Online]
- Biopics must be the new buzz in Hollywood. Meagan Good said in a recent interview that she wants to play Whitney Houston in a future biopic. "That's my personal dream role... I know her story's definitely not done by any means, I think what she's already been through, and to come out on the other side, is a story all in itself," said Good. [Eurweb]
- Michelle Obama isn't okay with Malia and Sasha having Facebook acounts. In a recent interview with the "Today" show, she said, "I think we're lucky that there are alot of real constraints, things like Secret Service and stuff like that... I'm not a big fan of young kids having Facebook. It's not something they need, it's not necessary right now." [Black Celebrity Kids]
- Kerry Washington is prepping for a new role on TV. She will join Columbus Short in a new NBC pilot called "In Crisis." It's said to be about a professional fixer Olivia Price and her wacky staff. Short is slated to play a lawyer on Washington's team. [Black Voices]