Here's a steaming cup of hot topics to go along with your morning Joe. Drake has been named "Man of the Year" by GQ Magazine. Singer Leona Lewis is releasing a concert DVD just in time for the holidays, and today President Obama releases a children's book called "Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters." What's the best advice you could give to a young girl in your life?
- President Barack Obama's new children's book was written before he took office, but it's just being published today. "Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters" is a tribute to 13 Americans who have significantly contributed to American history, from George Washington and Georgia O'Keeffe to Billie Holiday and Jackie Robinson. It was written for his two daughters, Malia and Sasha. What advice would you pass along to a young girl in your life? [Yahoo]
- Leona Lewis is gearing up to release a concert DVD from one of her O2 arena shows in London. "The Labyrinth Tour - Live from the 02" will be available on December 14th, just in time for Christmas. It'll make a great stocking stuffer, don't you think?
- Rumors are swirling that actress Eva Longoria and her NBA player husband, Tony Parker, will divorce. People.com is reporting that neither has filed for divorce just yet, but Longoria could do so as early as today. Another celebrity marriage down the pipes... this makes number... well, who's counting anyway? [People]
- Mike Tyson says that he acted in self defense when he attacked a photographer at LAX last year. TMZ is reporting that court documents state Tyson was put into "immediate danger." He's currently the target of a $25 million lawsuit filed early this year by a photographer. [TMZ]
- It's that time of year when magazines do superlatives. GQ has named Drake "Man of the Year" along with James Franco, Jeff Bridges and Stephen Colbert. Congratulations, Drake! It's a cute cover, gotta love that smile. [GQ]
- An L.A. casting network for the new Michael Jackson video, "Hold My Hand," posted a listing in search of a "disabled person with no hands." The casting call is also in search of 10 dancers, several couples, mother and child for a baptism scene. This should make for an interesting video. It's also being labeled as a "low budget project." Mark Pellington, the director of the video, told TMZ it will be a "spiritual collage of MJ's legacy..." [TMZ]
- Even though T.I. is behind bars, VH1 is moving forward with airing his "Storytellers" special on December 10th. You can catch the concert three days after the release of his latest CD, "No Mercy." We hear T.I. puts on a great concert. In case you miss the special on TV, it will also be available online.