It's Tuesday morning and our coffee pot is boiling over with news and tidbits: Rihanna regrets not attending BFF Katy Perry's wedding. T.I. officially reported to prison yesterday -- it's going to be a long 11 months for Mr. Harris. Oprah announced two new reality shows for her OWN cable network, and we just have one question -- where are the Black people?! And just three months after his wife's passing, gospel star Marvin Sapp can stomp his feet and praise this morning after receiving seven Stellar nominations. Here's what else we're talking about... Here's what you had to say: Samantha commented via Facebook: "I love 'Best in Me' by Marvin Sapp." LaTrice wrote via Facebook: "That's a blessing. He had great musical success and with the loss of his wife, I'm sure this warms his heart."
Here's what got our mugs overflowing:
- The 2011 Stellar Award nominations have been announced, and Marvin Sapp is leading the pack with seven nominations! Congratulations to Sapp! This coming off the heels of his wife's death on Sept. 9th. He truly deserves every nomination he received. The 2011 Stellar awards will be held at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville on January 15th. [EUR Web]
- Oprah continues to add content to her new cable network. She recently announced that country stars Naomi and Wynonna Judd will have their own reality series along with Ryan and Tatum O'Neal. We have just one question: where are the Black stars, Oprah? [Perez Hilton]
- Bishop Eddie Long has filed a total of four responses in Georgia State Court denying that he had sexual relationships with his accusers, and wants all cases dismissed. The legal battle is only beginning for Bishop Long, and he still has a long road ahead if he wants to clear his name. [EUR Web]
- As we knew she would, Rihanna is feeling guilty over missing BFF Katy Perry's Indian wedding. "I am crushed I missed that wedding, I will never forgive myself for that" Riri said. She better have given one heck of gift to Katy and hubby Russell Brand for missing their big day. [Hollywood Life]
- T.I. has officially checked into an Arkansas prison to begin serving his 11-month sentence for violating his probation. It's going to be a long winter for Mr. Harris... hopefully he's tied up loose ends before his return to the big house. Let's hope this is a final lesson for both T.I. and Tiny. [Black Voices]
- "Grey's Anatomy" creator Shonda Rimes has announced the start date for her new doctor drama, "Off the Map." According to her Twitter account, the show will premiere January 12th at 10 pm. So much new exciting TV going on, eh? Let's hope this show is much better than "The Whole Truth" -- which it will be replacing on Wednesday nights in the new year. [Vulture]