Here's what we've got brewing this Friday morning to help jumpstart your weekend: Denzel Washington will host the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Norway this December, a very prestigious gig -- and Washington is the best man for the job. Also up this morning, Cicely Tyson will join Viola Davis in "The Help." Jordin Sparks is releasing a fragrance. Plus, need a good laugh today? Watch Wayne Brady and Mike Tyson's remake of Bobby Brown's "Every Step I Take." It'll bring a smile to your face. Happy Weekend! Here's what you had to say: Tara commented via Facebook: "Wayne Brady and Mike Tyson made me laugh out loud." Ave wrote via Facebook: "Denzel Washington is an awesome, talented and intelligent Black actor and family man!"
Here's what we've got brewing this Friday morning to help jumpstart your weekend:
- Denzel Washington will be hosting the Nobel Peace Prize Concert this December. He said, "I am honored to attend the Nobel Peace Prize Concert this year and participate in this historic and momentous event to help spread the message of global peace." This year's Peace Prize winner will be announced Oct. 8th. [Perez Hilton]
- Need a hearty laugh? Watch Wayne Brady and Mike Tyson's remake of Bobby Brown's "Every Little Step." It'll do you good this morning. [YBF]
- T.I. and Tiny are not letting their legal woes hold them back. The two are going forward with plans to launch "For the Love of Our Fathers." It's a foundation to fight Alzheimer's. They will be hosting an invitation-only luncheon Oct. 3rd. [Hip-Hop Wired]
- Cicely Tyson has been added to the cast of "The Help," joining Viola Davis as a maid in the film. With all the buzz around "The Help," we're certainly itching to see this one. [BV]
- Like Mariah, Beyonce and J.Lo, Jordin Sparks will release her own fragrance. She's coming out with "Because of You," which will retail at $9.50 the first month, then rise to $14.95 thereafter. Making things affordable we see -- that's our kind of deal! Let us know if you'll be wearing "Because of You." [Mimi Froufrou]
- Whoopi Goldberg continues to stand by Mel Gibson. She says she can't defend him, but she too has cussed-out people. "But we all get angry. I've cussed people out. I hope no one finds those tapes." [Page Six]