We hope you had a restful weekend. Here's what we've got brewing to get your Monday morning going: While making her grand entrance, Mariah Carey fell on stage in Singapore. She seems to be doing alright, but she still hasn't confirmed if she's pregnant or not. This is reminiscent of Alicia's tumble at EMF 2010 -- it's dangerous to be dancing in stilettos when you're pregnant, don't you think? NBA star Chris Paul is engaged to his on and off again girlfriend; Lil' Kim, and her cousin opened a salon in Charlotte, N.C., and it's affordable! Make it a great Monday!
We hope you had a restful weekend. Here's what we've got brewing to get your Monday morning going:
- A possibly pregnant Mariah Carey fell onstage in Singapore. During her entrance she took a slight tumble and enlisted the help of her dancers to take off her shoes. We certainly hope that if she is indeed preggers, that she's alright. But like a true Diva, she played it off. Next time, no stilettos Mariah! Check out the video of her slip. [YBF]
- NBA New Orleans Hornets star Chris Paul is engaged to long-time girlfriend, Jada Crawley. The couple have a one year old son together. Congratulations! [YBF]
- Lil' Kim and her cousin, Katrise Jones, opened Salon Se Swa by Queen Bee in Charlotte, North Carolina over the weekend. It's supposed to serve up affordable prices; $10 wash and set, $10 cuts and $35 and up perms. She also plans to open one in Atlanta soon. [Necole Bitchie]
- Lee Daniels was honored at the Vision Awards in Beverly Hills. He was given the Director of Vision Award. Go Lee! More than a year after "Precious" was released, he's still racking up awards. [LA Times]
- Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. is under fire again. He is denying allegations that he told Raghuveer Nayak, a businessman, to offer Rod Blagojevich millions of dollars for the empty U.S. Senate seat that was once held by President Obama. This is getting messier and messier. [EURweb]
- Braylon Edwards saved the night last night. He scored a 67-yard touchdown in the third quarter that sealed the win for the NY Jets over the Miami Dolphins. The final score was 31-23. If you didn't catch it, it was a really good game. [NBC Sports]