Today's coffee talk is almost too hot to hold. Here's what we've got bubbling this morning: Gabourey Sidibe's TV show, "The Big C," has been picked up for a second season! We're so proud of her. Kerry Washington and David Alan Grier have signed on to do a movie together, Oprah is reaching into her pockets to give to schools. Plus, Kanye West will be the musical act on "SNL" on Oct. 2nd. We're excited to see his performance. Are you feeling Kanye's new music?
Today's coffee talk is almost too hot to hold. Here's what we've got bubbling this morning:
- Gabourey Sidibe has much to be excited about this morning. Her hit TV show, "The Big C" on Showtime, has been picked up for a second season! We're proud to see her do her thing. [Black Voices]
- Kerry Washington, Craig Robinson and David Alan Grier have been cast to play in "We the Peeples." It's a story about a child psychologist who surprises his girlfriend by attending her family get-together, consequently he ends up giving them all a little therapy. [Black Voices]
- Chrisette Michele is gearing up to release a new album this fall. "Let Freedom Reign," her third studio album, will drop on November 30th. Her first single, "I'm a Star," is already out. Let us know if you're feeling it. [Rap-Up]
- Oprah is diggin' in her big ol' purse again. This time she's giving $6 million to help schools in Colorado, California, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas and Louisiana. These schools were selected because of their commitment to improve the "quality of public education." [Perez]
- After telling "SNL" to kiss his you-know-what in "Power," Kanye West will be the musical guest on the Oct. 2nd show. Looks like "SNL" did a lot of kissing to get him to come on the show. Also, word on the street is that he may be going on a European tour with 50 Cent, though no one has confirmed it yet. [YBF]