Sip your frappuccino over one of these hot topics this morning: We're proud of 2010 ESSENCE Music Festival headliner Mary J. Blige for getting her GED. The singer recently announced that she's headed to Howard University, though the HBCU has not confirmed that she will attend. Lebron James will finally announce his basketball career plans. Good thing we didn't hold our breath. Plus, guess which star from "A Different World" is 41 today.
- Mary J. Blige recently got her GED. There are rumors that the Queen of hip hop soul could be headed to Howard University in 2014, although the HBCU has not confirmed that Blige will attend. [WashPo]
- "I haven't kissed another man in 13 years," Jada Pinkett Smith confessed about having to kiss HawthoRNe costar Michael Vartan, who plays her love interest on the show. Pinkett-Smith got the thumbs up from her husband Will Smith for the on-screen kisses, and learned how to "movie smooch" from Vartan. [People]
- Lebron James will finally announce his next basketball career move. Will he go to the Knicks? Will he stay with the Cavaliers? Tune in to ESPN tomorrow night at 9 p.m. ET. [NYTimes]
- Gary Coleman's ex's family wants to take the late actor's ashes on a train ride. Apparently, Coleman collected toy trains and the family wants to take him on one last ride on the Whistletop Train Tour. [RO]
- A woman is suing Chris Rock and Sony for $20 million, claiming that producers of the film remake "Death at a Funeral" stole the plot from her 1995 book about a funeral in Jamaica. [EurWeb]
- Harvey Fuqua, singer, songwriter and mentor to Marvin Gaye, recently passed away at age 80. Rest in peace. [PE]
- Actress Cree Summer aka Freddie from "A Different World" turned 41 today. Happy Birthday, Cree!