We're not sure if Nick Cannon's trying to quiet the rumors that his wife Mariah Carey is pregnant or fuel the fire with his comments on Twitter and on his morning radio show. You decide. Lady Gaga told Larry King that she was going to open for Michael Jackson during his "This Is It" concert series. A baseball legend retires and a basketball heavyweight contemplates switching teams. Spike Lee says President Obama should "go off!" about the oil spill. What do you think?
- Nick Cannon took to Twitter to respond to the rumors that Mariah Carey is pregnant. "If and when my wife is ready to make any announcements about private matters she will do it personally. Thanks for being respectful. God bless," Cannon wrote. [Twitter]
- Cannon also joked on his morning show that he and Carey are going to take after famed boxer George Foreman and name all of their children Mariah. [People]
- Lady Gaga told Larry King that she was supposed to open for Michael Jackson at the O2 Arena in London for the late King of Pop's "This Is It" concert series. There was also talk of a duet, she says. [TIME]
- President Obama presented Sir Paul McCartney with the Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song last night, when he performed at the East room of the White House.
- Spike Lee urged President Obama to "Go off!" about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. "If there's any one time to go off, this is it because this is a disaster," Lee said on "AC 360." [CNN]
- At age 40, baseball heavyweight Ken Griffey Jr. announced his retirement 75 years after Babe Ruth left the field. [SI]
- Sean John's "Shop Future" pop up shop opens in Los Angeles tomorrow. The all green store is made of recycled metal and wood. [SJ]
- Claudia Schiffer in blackface and an afro wig ... WTH? [HP]
- There may be another Michelle Obama Vogue cover in the future. The First Lady last appeared on front the fashion mag in March 2009. Now, rumors are spreading that she's set to grace the December 2010 cover. [HP]